An experienced data professional who has been working within the direct marketing industry for over 20 years. Having spent 17 years as owner and MD of Data HQ Ltd his remit covers the whole of the management spectrum including; strategy development, organisational structure, company policy & procedure and product development.
Today Data HQ releases their first B2B Email Marketing Content Engagement Report. This will be an annual report the agency produces to help clients with their content engagement challenges. The analysis contained within the report attempts to determine what (if any) factors affect how people engage with email marketing content, specifically click through rates.
Dave Battson, Director, comments “ We’re really excited to be releasing this informative report and look forward to this being an ongoing tool we produce to help clients with their email marketing campaigns”
The report analyses B2B email campaigns conducted over a 12-month period, totaling 127 campaigns covering over 600,000 emails sent across a range of clients and industries, and then each one marked based on a certain set of criteria.
“We decided to focus on what factors affect click through rates, broken down into key areas made up of sets of criteria, which were then applied to historical broadcasts we had made for our clients. Once all the data had been gathered and processed, we then collated a report to showcase the results and in turn identify key factors that could potentially increase click through rates” Dave continued.
Key highlights include:
- When it comes to images we identified that correct placement of a showcase image (a single image that fills the entire width of the email to grab the users’ attention and showcase a product or branding) could result in a proportional increase of 330% in click throughs.
- Regarding the text content, we identified that sizing of paragraphs can have a big impact, with the optimum size returning a proportional increase of over 246% in click throughs compared to other sizes.
- The number of colours that marketers use in their email designs can impact success, selecting the right number of colours can produce a proportional increase in click throughs of 178%.
- We identified page structure plays a large part in achieving campaign success, specifically selecting the correct length of the page could yield a 151% proportional increase in click throughs, as compared to other page lengths.
- Finally, links content can affect campaign success with the correct number/quantity of HTML links resulting in a potential 197% proportional increase in click throughs.
If you would like to find out which specific criteria will result in these potential increases, along with the other criteria covered for the key areas, you can read the full report by submitting your details to us to download it.
Our insights in your inbox
We would like to keep in contact by sharing our newsletter, offers and new product information. Please click subscribe if you are happy to hear from us.